To be the best, we must commit to these tenets: we are committed to improve the company, its products, and its people.
TO THE CUSTOMER:
- We are committed to make and deliver our product to our customer. This product must be of the highest quality in conformance with the design criteria.
- We are committed to honor our customer; we will not rebuke him for his decisions. We will serve his needs.
- We will innovate to anticipate our customer's needs and provide the resources to remove all obstacles from his path.
- We will negotiate fairly with our customer and honor our commitment.
TO MY FELLOW EMPLOYEES:
- We will treat each individual with respect.
- We will care for his well being, his safety, his spirit.
- We will help train each individual to know more, to help his career, to improve his station in life.
- We will be fair in controversy.
Standard Concrete Products, Inc. can trace its roots back to the 1890s through family lineage when B.H. Hardaway Sr. started the Hardaway Contracting Company. The Hardaway Company existed throughout the 1900s being an innovator of its time, until their Tampa location was purchased. In 1997 Mason H. Lampton, son-in-law to B.H. Hardaway III, purchased The Hardaway Company’s Tampa Prestress Yard and began improving on quality and efficiency. Now B.H. Hardaway Sr.’s great-great-grandson, Mason Hardaway Lampton, is the President of Standard Concrete Products, Inc.
On November 14, 1996, Standard Concrete Products, Inc. purchased Gary Concrete Company located in Augusta, Georgia. Two other plants were located in Savannah, Georgia and Atlanta, Georgia. On January 1, 1997, Standard Concrete Products, Inc. purchased the Tampa Prestress Division in Tampa, Florida from The Hardaway Company. Currently three plants are producing quality precast/prestressed concrete products for projects with the Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee Departments of Transportation. Through these three plant locations Standard Concrete Products, Inc. can design and produce a diverse portfolio of prestress concrete and precast concrete products. Standard Concrete Products, Inc. can provide these products for the bridge, marine and structural industries throughout the southeast for projects with state departments of transportation, local governments and private owners as well as internationally to the Caribbean.
Since the acquisition of these three plants the type of product formerly produced has not changed; however, the scope of work has broadened with the expansion of the Atlanta and Savannah Plants. Additional beds were designed and built on site to accommodate specialty items. The Atlanta, Georgia Plant is located in northwest Atlanta on 14.0 acres and all products are shipped out via trucks. The Savannah, Georgia Plant is located on 45 acres with access to deep water for barge transportation and land transportation via trucks. The Tampa, Florida Plant is located on 32.74 acres surrounded on three sides by deep water for barge transportation and land transportation via trucks.
Quality, Speed & Superior Performance. The three pillars that have allowed SCP to dominate the South Eastern prestress market. Standard Concrete Products, Inc. ships products by barge to both South America and North America.
Our mission is to design, produce and deliver quality products on time.
- 2013 Precast Design Award – Co-Winner – Best Bridge with Spans over 150 Feet for the SC 802 Bridge over the Beaufort River/Intracoastal Waterway in Port Royal/Lady’s Island, South Carolina
- 2013 Precast Design Award – Co-Winner – Best Transportation Special Solution for the Miami Intermodal Center-Earlington Heights Connector in Miami, Florida
- 2012 Precast Design Award – Co-Winner – Best Transportation Special Solution for the Pier 5 Fender Replacement on the I-10 Mississippi River Bridge in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- 2007 Precast Design Award - Co-Winner - Best Bridge with Spans Greater than 150 Feet for the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bride/ Charleston, South Carolina
- 2007 Precast Design Award - Co-Winner- Best Bridge with Spans Greater than 150 Feet for the Replacement of the I-10 Bridge over Escambia Bay/Escambia County, Florida
- 2007 Precast Design Award - Best Non-Highway Bridge - 5th Street Pedestrian Plaza Bridge/ Atlanta, Georgia
- 1996 FDOT Project of Special Significance - Emergency replacement of I-75 Bridge over Salt Creek/ Sarasota, Florida
- 1996 Concrete Project of the Year by the American Concrete Institute (ACI) - Emergency replacement of I-75 Bridge over Salt Creek/ Sarasota, Florida